I. Admissions Categories, Funding Targets & Eligibility
Admissions Categories: one-academic-year study students and one-academic-semester study students
Funding Targets: physically and mentally healthy non-Chinese citizens with no criminal records , between the age of 16 to 35(Applicants who currently work in Chinese language teaching shall not exceed the age of 45) and who aspire to engage in Chinese language education and teaching and its promotion
II. Eligibility Requirement:
1.One-Academic-Year Study Students: Students enroll in September, 2019 and scholarship will be provided for 11 months. International students who are currently studying in China are not eligible for the program.
1.1 Major in Chinese International Education: applicants should have a minimum score of 270 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a certificate of taking HSKK Test.
1.2 Major in Chinese Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy: applicants should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 4) and Intermediate Level Certificate of HSKK Test.
1.3 Major in Chinese Language: applicants should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3). Those who provide a certificate of taking HSKK Test are preferred.
2. One-Academic-Semester Study Students: Students enroll in September, 2020 or March, 2021. We provide scholarship for 5 months. International students who have X1 and X2 on their passports are not eligible.
2.1 Major in Chinese International Education, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy: applicants should have a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and certificate of taking HSKK Test.
2.2 Major in Chinese Medicine and TaiJi culture courses: applicants should have report of HSK Test . Those who provide a certificate of taking HSKK Test are preferred.
3. Those students who won 2020 Academic Year Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge Contests, please follow log onto Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http:// cis.chinese.cn) and finish the enrollment approval procedure with your scholarship certificate.
III. Scholarship Coverage& Criteria
Confucius Institute Scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (except for four-week program students) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
1.Tuition fee is under the overall planning and utilization of Inner Mongolia University to provide teaching, management, Chinese language proficiency tests (HSK/HSKK), and cultural and social activities for scholarship holders. Tuition does not cover teaching material fees and fees for tourist spots.
2. Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of Inner Mongolia University who should provide scholarship holders with free dormitory rooms (usually double rooms). Those who live off campus with the permission of our university are entitled to accommodation allowance from the university on by month or by quarter. The allowance criteria are RMB 700 per person on monthly basis.
3.Living allowance is granted by our university on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are RMB 2500 per person on monthly basis; scholarship students should register on the scheduled day, or else scholarship qualification will be canceled; students who are enrolled before the 15th(or on the 15th) of the admission month, are entitled to full allowance of that month; students who are enrolled after the 15thof that month are only entitled to half of the allowance; during the study, for any student who is absent from China of personal reasons for more than 15 days (excluding legal holidays), the allowance will be suspended during the absence; the living allowance for the month of graduation will be granted half a month later upon confirming the graduation status by our university; allowance will be terminated in case of schooling suspension, dropping out for personal reasons or school rules violation from the day of official notice.
4.Comprehensive medical insurance expense is purchased by our university in accordance to relevant regulations on international students stipulated by the Ministry of Education of China. The insurance fee per person is RMB 800 per year for one-academic-year study students, and RMB 400 per year for one-academic-semester study students.
IV. Admission Procedure
1. Since March 1st, 2020, applicants please log onto the Confucius Institute Scholarships website (http:// cis.chinese.cn) to register, inquire about IMU or other recommending institutes, complete the Confucius Institute Scholarships Application Form online; applicants please check the website (http:// cis.chinese.cn) for admission procedures, scholarship appraisal process and admission result.
2. Entrusted by Hanban, Confucius Institutes, independent Confucius classrooms in different countries, some overseas Chinese language testing centers are working as recommending institutions to engage in the applicant selection, materials review, host institutions connection and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to host institutions.
3. Once application materials are verified by the Division of Scholarships of Hanban as valid, Inner Mongolia University will then review the eligibility of applicants and submit the pre-admission candidate list to Hanban. Then, Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection.
4. After confirming the admission, scholarship holders should contact the host institutions to go through the formalities of studying abroad, print scholarship certificate online, and register at the requested time stated in the admission letter.
5.Application Deadline: May 20th, 2020 (school entrance date: September, 2020)
November 10th, 2020 (school entrance date: March, 2021)
IV. Application Documents
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page
2. Score reports of the HSK, HSKK (period of validity: two years)
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions
4. In-service Chinese language teachers should attach a certificate of in-service and a letter of recommendation issued by their employment institution.
5. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript
6. For applicants under the age of 18, their parents shall formally entrust a foreigner or Chinese resident in China as the guardian of the foreign student, and submit the notarization materials of the guardian guarantee certificate
If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, Chinese or English notarization documents should be provided.
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who can not register with our university on time should inform us about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reasons, the scholarship will be canceled.
4.Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out or take schooling suspension during the study.
Mailing Address: International College of Education Inner Mongolia University, 235 Daxue West Road, Saihan District, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, P.R.China
Contact Persons:International Student Affairs Office
International College of Education, Inner Mongolia University
Division of Scholarships, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) http:// cis.chinese.cn
IMU International College of Education
March 1st, 2020